On Friday 16 September 2005 01:56, Nathan L. Adams wrote:
> I'm writing a tool, called esyntaxer, that finds certain common ebuild
> errors and automagically corrects them if possible. Yes, I'm aware of
> the overlaps with repoman, and no this isn't a duplication of work.
Actually, I already have prepared a ruby script that I use to find violators
to the syntax (like enewuser with /bin/false and cp called with extra
options). It's on http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/ruby-checker.tbz2 .
It's not complete, but it works when it comes to checking for these simple
cases.

I don't trust automatic correction, false positives can always happen,
currently my way to proceed with such problems is opening a big bug and
poking maintainers to fix them :)

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/