On Saturday 17 September 2005 05:28 am, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
> How about if the maintainer wants wider testing, i.e. wants to move
> it out of package.mask and into ~arch but isn't confident it's ready
> yet for arch, adding a string variable to ebuilds indicating why the
> maintainer considers the package unstable, eg:

i really want to get away from the idea of 'package.mask is for testing
packages' ... its current dual role as both masking 'testing' packages and
'broken' packages is wrong imo

we dont want to try reeducating our users to not be afraid of package.mask
because a lot of things in there they *should* be afraid of
-mike