On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 03:07:23AM -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote: > So how do I get my war file deployed? Am I left to external tools such as ant > to manage that for me? > > How does such an entity fit within the portage world?
Each J2EE server has its own method for deploying j2ee archives. I don't
think it is easy to create one that supports them all (WebSphere, WebLogic,
Oracle's, TomCat/JBoss, ...).
And anyway, the idea behind such archives is that the deployment itself is
tweaked to the environment itself - there is no way for a "default works for
all" deployment method afaik.
I personally use a Java tool that uses the JMX possibilities of the J2EE
server (if it supports it) to deploy tools, but this is targetted on a
personal environment and mainly used to
1. provide a sort-of default method for deploying archives on the
environment (which uses a single brand of J2EE servers anyway)
2. automate the upgrading of archives to a new version
Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
--
Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org
Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp
Gentoo Council Member
The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>
pgp3zvrS6Ghx5.pgp
Description: PGP signature
