On 10/14/05, Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stefan Schweizer posted
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
> below,  on Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:33:57 +0200:
> > [..]
> > Anyone knows of something like a "sysprep" script for linux that will
> > ask the costumer for user  and passwort setup when he first switches
> > on the PC?
> > [...]
> This is what the catalyst application does -- allow one to make their own
> customized LiveCD installers*, just like Gentoo does with each periodic
> snapshot release. The ebuild is in portage, and there's a catalyst
> specific mailing list, should you have any questions.
[..]

Well, catalyst is not really good for that because I need something
that I can constantly upgrade without recompiling everything .. that
is a live system for me at the moment.
And LiveCD installers is nice, but what I need is a Sysprep-Installer
like when someone turns on his windows PC the first time, where you
can setuo hostname/user/password and maybe network.
Is anything like that available for Linux?

Regards,
Stefan