On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 22:52 +0200, dju` wrote:
> Hanno Böck wrote:
> > Before this discussion sleeps, what should be the conclusion?
> > For now, the situation in the tree is :
> > - java-stuff uses browserplugin
> > - acroread uses noplugin
> > - helixplayer/realplayer/vlc/gxine/djvu use nsplugin
>
> Probably a silly question, but why choose nsplugin over browserplugin?
> Aren't there any package that might provide plugins for
> non-netscape-based browsers?

Actually, I think it is plugin-compatible with netscape, not necessarily
netscape-based.  For example, Konquerer can use the same plugins.  At
any rate, it is probably best to think about this now, hence using
nsplugin, rather than later, when whiz-bang $browser comes out that has
its own plugin interface.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead