On Monday 31 October 2005 22:44, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Checked the bugzilla and the two open bugs seem to be version bumps. I
> think the policy is not to remove working ebuilds from the tree although
> they are not maintained by anyone.
I follow Petteri's statement, I don't think we should remove a package just
because it has noone maintaining it, and is just hanging below latest
versions, without other reasons, else we should remove a good 90% of what we
have in media-video and media-sound.

It's different if things accumulates bug over bugs, like xmms was, or are
broken and unmaintained upstream.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE