On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 09:33:50 +0100 Grobian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > | Which means you won't be able to satisfy your "preemptive"
| > | requirement.
| >
| > Not at all. You can warn users repeatedly, but there comes a point
| > when trying to warn them any further becomes futile.
|
| Then what is the point of this GLEP?  Instead, just warn people
| through existing intrastructure, which is cheap from an engineering
| perspective because everything is already there in place, and don't
| think of implementing all kinds of extras just to warn a user one
| extra time, since "trying to warn them any further becomes futile"
| anyway.

The current warning levels we have are insufficient. This GLEP proposes
a new system for warnings which will be far harder to accidentally
ignore. There are, however, limits to how far we can reasonably go
before we make the solution worse than the problem.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Anti-XML, anti-newbie conspiracy)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm