Grant Goodyear wrote:

Jakub Moc wrote: [Fri Nov 18 2005, 06:07:48PM CST]
19.11.2005, 0:58:29, Grant Goodyear wrote:

My preference is that the subdomain chosen should succinctly reflect
the role that arch testers serve.  My personal preference would be
to choose something like "aide", "helper", "assistant", or something
similar. (Indeed, I'd have preferred "volunteer" if it weren't for
the niggling fact that we're all volunteers.)

Once again - I don't know if it's not been clear enough so far, from
the replies on this topic: I don't have time nor desire to dig out
somewhere on the web what's the correct email I should use to contact
someone... there are about 200 more or less active Gentoo devs around
and the last thing I need is to ponder upon what project/role that
particular person is on. What's the benefit?

Perhaps you should re-read the GLEP?  Or the log from the last two
Council meetings?  Nobody is suggesting that devs should have their
e-mail addresses changed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  The issue is what
e-mail address to give people who are helping out Gentoo but not
actually devs.
@g.o

Since these people are not going to be maintaining
But they are helping out Gentoo in a very direct way right?

packages, it seems unlikely that you're going to have to spend all that
much time trying to figure out how to contact them; just hit "r" like
you would with any other user.

It'd be more time than if it was just @g.o , that's for sure.

Incidentally, the benefit is to make users who are actively helping
Gentoo feel like they're part of the family.
That's why i said, give them @g.o

It was decided that a
straight @gentoo.org address would be confusing, though, since most
people associate those addresses with developers.
Let's write a GLEP to clarify that @g.o addresses is for people who cooperates
(in a direct way) with Gentoo.

I'm fairly agnostic
on the whole thing, myself, but since the Council voted to approve the
GLEP, I was simply trying to do my best to put forth a proposal that fit
within that framework.

-g2boojum-