Grant Goodyear wrote:

Lance Albertson wrote: [Fri Nov 18 2005, 05:46:47PM CST]
Anyways, I don't see any problem with us giving them straight up
[EMAIL PROTECTED] aliases. They won't have shell access, nor cvs so we
don't have to worry about that. This makes it very simple for us infra
folks to manage. I can only imagine the hell we'll create when someone
moves from staff.g.o to tester.g.o to g.o. I will not support any GLEP
that proposes any nonsense like that since its totally not needed. Yes,
I could have spoken up about this sooner, but I can't keep track of
every thread on -dev.

I believe that the issue was that @g.o addresses generally denote a dev,
and that giving such addresses to people who are not devs could cause
confusion.  For example, suppose we have a user who specializes in a
particular imap server.  If there were an urgent security issue, such a
user might get a request to stable the package despite the fact that the
person isn't a dev, which wouldn't serve anybody.

That confusion might happen even with packages maintainers devs.

That's why you need to check the herd before sending such a request.

You might claim that you also could check for his subdomains address , but here we get to the same point of, What is the advantage of a subdomain distinction?, in other hand i believe other people will have more technical confusion (ping infra).