- the 'about' blurb has way too much vertical spacing == wasted

- the ad bar on the left should be thrown behind a purple bar like the
current site does ... it helps the user visually tune the space out as
crap they can safely ignore (at least it helps me)
- can we cut out the ads alogether for known textmode browsers ?

- the bar at the top which blathers on about what Gentoo has to offer
i could do without completely (imo, you can read the About page)
- if people insist on keeping the aforementioned bar which proclaims
Gentoo's strengths, can we at least tighten up all the wasted
vertical space on it ?

- the links in the site index thingies at the bottom dont have mouse
over behavior like the other links

- the 'gentoo' text in the upper left of the page should use the cool
red bubble letters [1] ... or at least drop the infinity sign ...
yeah, the infinity sign is cool, but since it is in such a 'high
profile' location like that, it makes people think of it as a new logo
[1] http://www.gentoo.org/images/gentoo-new.gif

- the little pic of larry the cow ... could we get some tiny text
under his head that says 'Larry' ?
- wheres the ufo guy [2] ?  at least hide him in the bottom left
corner of the page ... it'd keep with the mysterious nature of the
fellow
[2] http://www.gentoo.org/images/gridtest.gif
-mike