Am Freitag, den 09.12.2005, 23:12 +0000 schrieb Donnie Berkholz:
> 2) Users with no X installed will pull in the virtual/x11 package
> because there is no longer a default virtual.
A user in #gentoo-amd64 ran into issues with this that I reproduced in a
chroot.  On a new install, with no X installed you end up with messages
saying that virtual/x11 is blocking x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6.

ie, Here's what happens when you attempt to merge aterm:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~darktama/aterm_merge.log

I'm not an expert, but the xorg-x11 ebuild has "!virtual/x11" in
DEPEND/RDEPEND, could this be why?

> I hope that covers pretty much everything right now.
When porting ebuilds to modular, how do we intend on handling the other
x11 virtuals in DEPEND/RDEPEND?  I'm assuming that we modify it so that
the modular dependencies depend directly on media-libs/mesa etc, and
leave virtual/opengl as the alternative?

Or should I just wait until the real virtual/{opengl,xft,glu,glut}
ebuilds exist before touching packages that need them?

> Thanks for your patience,
> Donnie
Thanks for your work on this!
Ben.