On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 18:02 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote: > Okay now that virtual/x11 introduced the new generation's virtuals, the > decision of waiting to have virtuals for iconv and libintl can be considered > concluded, and we might start adding them, right? :D > > Proposed virtuals for now would be: > > virtual/iconv: || ( sys-libs/glibc dev-libs/iconv ) > virtual/libintl: || ( sys-libs/glibc sys-devel/gettext ) > > The deps of programs using libintl would then be > > RDEPEND="nls? ( virtual/libintl )" > DEPEND="nls? ( sys-devel/gettext )" > > for iconv instead simply add virtual/iconv to RDEPEND; note that most of the > packages do depend on libintl but don't on libintl, as that is pulled in > mostly as a dep of gettext... there are though some packages that actually > uses libiconv directly, such as glib and mpd iirc. > > If this is ok, I won't ask any maintainer to add that stuff by himself (well > if somebody wants, I'll thank him for sure), I'll take care of updating the > deps as they are needed. > > Embedded team: this would probably be a good test for NLS support on uclibc, > if you want, please add me (or alt) as CC if you'll ever have to file bugs of > NLS not being correctly disabled with --disable-nls, as I found quite a few > programs taking that bad. > > Thanks to everybody who cared to read this mail.
How will you deal with the packages that build against glibc iconv but not against the separated? There used to be a lot of issues here, which caused me to hard-mask iconv ( still should be hard masked for most/all glibc-based systems ) due to the split and mainline packages running out of sync. This situation may be fixed now, but I'm more likely to believe that it just hasn't cropped up "Just yet" ( yep, I'm cynical here ) //Spider -- begin .signature Tortured users / Laughing in pain See Microsoft KB Article Q265230 for more information. end
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
