On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:25:57 +0000
Mike Frysinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> no idea what you mean by "override", but here's a crazy idea ... ask
> upstream to fix the issues.  for example, we just reported executable
> stacks with the ut2004 game and Ryan of epicgames was so kind as to
> fix it up for us.  some upstream peeps dont even know about these sort
> of things until you point them out.

Not to redirect the thread, but can someone point me to stuff on
executable stacks (what they are and the background info on the
warnings in portage)?

If these are anywhere near critical, then I think a lot of us non-x86
arch monkeys have a lot of work on our hands.

Cheers,
--
Jason Wever
Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead