George Shapovalov wrote:
Ugh, it is the only one that reliably connects to icq (yea, I am stuck using it for many people whom I contact as this is pretty much the only protocol "honored" there) *and* handles various encodings in a sane way (no, gaim, while been really nice on a protocol side, does not cut it on localization side, not even close. And kopete is the other way around :))..

I can't really say anything about gaim's localization, but what is wrong with kopete on the protocol side of things? I haven't had a single problem with icq and kopete. MSN is a different story, however....

-Steve