On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 21:23 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:17:56 +0100 Patrick Lauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> | I've only tried svn with the cvs2svn script.
> | Importing with history took ~8h on a 500Mhz box (which surprised me
> | because I had heard "it takes days"). Doing checkouts caused about the
> | same load as cvs, but I have no data points on multi-user behaviour.
>
> The interesting part isn't really how long it takes to convert things
> or how long it takes to do a checkout, since they're in effect one time
> costs.
Yes, but generating a "realistic" workload isn't trivial.If we had cvs
logs to replay we might get some good data.
>  I'm guessing we have at least a hundred full tree updates and a
> thousand commits for every full checkout...
Provide us with a script to generate partial updates/commits and I think
many people will just run it for fun ...

Maybe the nice Infra dudes could provide cvs snapshots for testing?

Patrick
--
Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move