Pawe?? Madej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As a common user with ADSL 256kbps all additional data downloaded via
> rsync causes longer wait for syncing. If I want to see a changelog i
> go to packages.gentoo.org and read it. As i got Gentoo for about 10
> months I don't remember if I read Changelog via bash.

I strongly disagree. Reading changelogs on the web means browsing for
them. This is much slower for me than a 'less
/usr/portage/foo/bar/Changelog'.

I rather go with ciaranm and tell users to use rsync_exclude if they
don't want changelogs. Taking away choice without an option is a bad
thing (tm).

Regards and a happy new year,
Matti
--
Marriage is the only adventure open to the cowardly.
                -- Voltaire