On 1/7/06, Joshua Baergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why not just create the directory in ${D} or ${IMAGE} and let Portage
> handle the rest?  Do you really want to be removing /afs unconditionally
> on unmerge?

Because this results in this: (directory /t existed and /dev/cdrom was
mounted to it while merging this)

>>> Merging sys-apps/test-0.2 to /

!!! Cannot write to '/t'.
!!! Please check permissions and directories for broken symlinks.
!!! You may start the merge process again by using ebuild:
!!! ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/test/test-0.2.ebuild merge
!!! And finish by running this: env-update

You suggest keeping the /afs dir, this would be an easy solution of
course, but it does seem untidy, doesn't it? (Makes me think of the
windows uninstallers saying "not all files could be removed, have a
nice day")

Stefaan