Jason Stubbs wrote:
> I've implemented and tested the check locally but haven't committed it yet.
> Repoman isn't really structured to allow for tests against a set of ebuilds
> so the checks are done on every version. There is also definitely one false
> positive (virtual/x11-6.8) so, for this and the fact that every version is
> tested, it would probably better to just make it a warning. Thoughts?

I'd rather see the xorg-x11 check removed and make this a repoman
failure than keep it a warning. Would it be possible to factor it up a
little bit so that virtual/x11 is a failure and xorg-x11 is a warning?

It doesn't bother me that checks are done on every version, but what it
does mean is that the next committer will need to port any modular X
changes to all the ebuilds, since we've generally just been putting them
in the latest ~arch and newer (p.mask). This should mostly be a copy and
paste issue, but it will be a minor annoyance even though it's the best
thing we could do, IMHO.

Thanks,
Donnie