Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Anyway, I do appreciate any work that you're doing on any games ebuilds.
> I just hope we don't end up in the exact same situation a (few?) month
> or so down the line when this stuff goes stable as we are in now.

What I expect is that many of the newly ported apps will go stable
before modular X does. Also, nobody will be able to commit to any
directory with an unported ebuild in any keywording state, so that will
serve to fix many more problems.

What it boils down to is that there's a chance completely untouched,
unmaintained packages that somehow still have an ~arch ebuild could
break when modular X goes stable.

Untouched packages for which the latest (and therefore, ported) ebuild
is stable should work fine. Untouched packages for which the latest
ebuild is ~arch and is never keyworded stable could break.

Thanks,
Donnie