Joshua Jackson wrote:
I will have to agree that this change has made it a pain to mark anything
stable. I had 4 out of the 6 I did today bail out because of this. I took the
simple easy fix and removed the check to stabalize the packages I needed to. I
know we have people who want modular X yesterday, but causing trouble for dev's
going about business that doesn't involve the modular problems directly is only
going to cause resentment and frustration to all the teams involved.

Why is the simple fix not copying over the already fixed dependencies in the latest ebuild? It's not as if that's a lot of work. That's the intent of this failure -- to avoid flyby commits by people when they could just fix the deps (which are already available in ~arch) while they're there.

Thanks,
Donnie