Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> Yeah, unfortunately none of the people proposing the idea ever wrote a
> glep or even filed a bug regarding this (AFAIK), also as the quoted
> threads show there are a number of possible solutions for this.

It doesn't seem that too many people feel strongly in favor of it (judging by
time where someone can come up with real-life  examples where this would prove
to be beneficial.  Is this something that repoman could check for (should I
file a bug), or just something to keep my eye out for?

I don't see this as a groundbreaking change that requires a GLEP or anything,
especially since I eliminated most of the duplicates today, after talking
with the respective maintainers.  There are probably only 3 or 4 left.

--
Mark Loeser   -   Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
email         -   halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org