On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 02:50 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> What I'd do with such bugs is thank the user, but say next time, please
> give me a few days, at least a week (or whatever a dev feels comfortable
> with for that package, again, it'll vary) -- if it's /just/ a bump
> request.  If I take over a week (or whatever), then maybe I need
> reminding, so let me know!  OTOH, if the bug includes "I tried bumping the
> last ebuild to use the new sources and it worked fine", or "... and it
> broke at <whatever>", that's far more valuable than just a bump request,
> and I'd treat it so.  (In fact, that sounds like possible AT/HT material,
> maybe ultimately leading to a new dev, to me.)

bingo. a bug for bumping because their edges aren't bloody enough, bah,
it'll get done just as soon as i can, but not before then, probably in
the next week or so. now a version bump bug because it fixes an actual
BUG, ping me, that i'll avoid coffee breaks (actually...that's not a
good thing to do...) and sleep to get it in and working. I'm with this
Duncan on this one (and someone said the way i couldn't manage in my
other drafts :)

~mcummings