On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:46:01PM -0300, Marcelo Góes wrote:
> I agree. Adding a package to a herd is basically the same as adding
> someone as a package maintainer. If one doesn't belong to the target
> herd, he/she should drop a line asking first.

Some developers tend to think that if they just add themselves to the
herd as well, someone else from that herd will take care of fixing the
bugs in the packages they introduce...

Unfortunately I see no easy solution to this other than to speak to
the common sense of these devs asking them to take the time to
actively maintain any packages they add to the tree - or don't add
them at all.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd