Tony Vroon wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> Please note that I am planning to remove beep-media-player and
> accompanying plugin packages from the portage tree on March 4, 2006,
> unless
> anyone can convince me of a good reason why they should stay.
> This software has been abandoned by it's authors since October 2005,
> and is
> masked starting today.

Um, it doesn't look abandoned to me, just the 0.x branch of it mostly.
There's an update on the website from 2 days ago.

http://www.beep-media-player.org/site/About says:

"Please be aware that 'BMPx' is merely a codename for the project, and
at some point we'll decide that it's ready to get out of beta stage and
will release it as BMP 2.0.

In other words, BMPx is BMP, just not quite yet; yet it already is much
more than BMP ever was."

Thanks,
Donnie