28.2.2006, 16:29:07, Stephen Bennett wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:08:05 +0100
> Jakub Moc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> When and where has been the following change discussed and who
>> approved that?
>>
>> http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xml/htdocs/proj/en/devrel/handbook/hb-guide-ebuild.xml?r1=1.25&r2=1.26&root=gentoo

> According to my recollection, it was discussed between members of QA
> and devrel. According to the CVS logs, it was committed by a member of
> devrel, at QA's request. You can't pass it off as a QA project
> conspiracy, since they didn't make the change.

I'm sorry, but discussing such stuff affecting pretty much everyone who
writes ebuilds among a couple of people simply isn't enough to make this a
policy. And then silently applying this and starting to scream "QA
violation, look, what a nasty QA violation!!!" is plain ridiculous.

Punting every single piece of broken sh*t from the tree requires notifying
everyone on -dev ml and allowing a period of time before it's actually done,
so silently changing/stating policies is a very broken practice.

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature: http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)