On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 11:35:12 +0100 Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| * Just because breaking policy breaks a QA tool, but is guaranteed to
|   never break itself (formatting policy, like space vs. tab etc.)
| does not increase the severity of the breakage.

I'd argue against this one. See, it's possible to deliberately
circumvent some of repoman's checks by doing weird whitespace and syntax
trickery. There's also no way to fix repoman short of writing a fully
functional bash parsing tool -- which is complicated enough that even
bash doesn't have one that works in some releases...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm