On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 23:14:41 +0000 "Stuart Herbert"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| If we're going to do this, then at least we should be implementing a
| consistent standard across all ebuilds.  F.ex, when SSL and TLS
| conflict, we should have a standard saying that all ebuilds will
| consistenly favour one over the other.  That's much more deterministic
| than having some ebuilds prefer SSL, and others prefer TLS (for
| example).

And what of gtk vs qt, where for many packages one is clearly the
preferred choice, but which one this is varies between packages? Do
*you* know which GUI is the best option for gvim and why?

Heck, it's hard enough figuring out a usable set of USE flags for PHP.
If we started dieing for the three zillion or so mutually independent
GUI options in gvim7 users would never actually be able to figure out
how to install the thing...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm