Hi list.

I've been working on getting a Gentoo version of Debians resolvconf package
into portage. It's basically a re-write of the internals (which I don't like)
but the command line, setup and plugin system are 100% compatible (except for
the plugins which may need one line changing). As such, I've credited the
original author (Thomas Hood) and basically said this is a Gentoo re-write.
It's all good to go and all dhcp clients in portage and openvpn have patches
ready for its optional support. dhcp (dhclient) and ppp have already been
patched in portage.

Now, if the commandline is the same, should the package name be the same? If
so, what version number should I be using? It's currently just called
resolvconf-0.1

Thoughts?

BTW, baselayout-1.12 has always had a resolv.conf management system, but that
was coded on a per package basis - resolvconf allows each package to inject
dns setup without being reliant on baselayout. So baselayout-1.12.0_pre17
will be a fair bit lighter!

Thanks

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>