Hi Andres,

On 3/23/06, Andres Loeh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> dcoutts has described the current practice we use in the Haskell
> team, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the only practice
> that would work for us. I can imagine that if we can come up with
> reasonable policies for o.g.o, we can switch to a slightly different
> (i.e., more public) scheme ...

I want to thank both you and Duncan for your explaination of how the
Haskell overlay works.  I would love to get your overlay onto
overlays.g.o, without disrupting the working practices that you've
found successful.

Which means we need to take another look at the vision of all overlays
being publically readable, because having a non-public overlay seems
to be a key part of what you're already doing.

I really don't want o.g.o to carry 'secret' overlays.  But maybe
there's a middle ground that fits with what you need?

If the overlay's changelog is included on o.g.o's front-page, and the
wiki / GuideXML site is publically readable, but we just disallow
anonymous access to the overlay itself (only if requested, this
wouldn't be the default setup) ... how would that work for you?

Best regards,
Stu