On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 09:52:30AM +0100, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> Things that are not suited for public consumption should not be made
> public in the first place. This is one reason that I don't think that
> users should be given the opportunity to create their own gentoo-hosed
> overlays. I believe that developers could be trusted though to do things
> properly.

I agree. The proposal sounds like a great way of getting more
experienced users to contribute to the project, yet it still keeps the
broken/illegal/etc ebuilds written by some of our less experienced
users non-official (where official = hosted on *.gentoo.org).

I'm in favor of a overlays.g.o as the companion to planet.g.o with
selected users contributin, but I'd hate to see plain end-user
overlays hosted on *.gentoo.org.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd