On Saturday 22 April 2006 10:02, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
> Damian Szeluga wrote:
> > There's also a problem with Groff, which is unable to show
> > unicode chars correctly. I made a package to solve it
> > (http://hoth.amu.edu.pl/~d_szeluga/groff-utf8.tar.bz2), but I think it's
> > a bit dirty hack.
>
> I am absolutely out of time now, hope to be able to look at it in a week.
> .. actually I had a look :-) So this is a different package from groff as
> it seems. http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-groff-utf8.html
>
> Dunnow, but probably trying to integrate UTF-8 support in groff and working
> with upstream should be doable if that package is working?

yes ... working with upstream is best as i'm pretty clueless when it comes to
UTF8 issues in groff and wont really be of any use in getting it fixed in
portage ... see this bug:
http://bugs.gentoo.org/126361

> We in JP land often have problems with Japanese man pages and others and
> there was a patch floating around (USE=cjk emerge groff) that kind of
> solves the problem a bit.

if you want/need cjk support, you'll have to use groff-1.18.x as groff-1.19.x
wont work
-mike