I find it a little annoying, but not that annoying.  I have a few
checks to make on libsdl, since it did fail with my CFLAGS settings. Perhaps it's not -fvisibility-inlines-hidden. As for KDE apps, didn't
someone mention earlier that these ebuilds now filter
-fvisibility-inlines-hidden?  This doesn't fix the problem with the
flag, it just covers it up.  In any case, it's a possible problem that
I will put up with.  btw, I'm not using visibility=hidden (dev-only
flag, not for users).

--James Potts

On 4/27/06, R Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
James Potts wrote:

> -fvisibility-inlines-hidden not only breaks a number of kde apps afaik (it's
> filtered now),

Again, probably -fvisibility=hidden.  Many people have had success building KDE
with both flags enabled lately, so maybe that's something that could be
revisited when 4.1 goes ~arch.  Getting off topic here, so see
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-426814.html if you're interested.

 but it also seems to break SDL (using noflagstrip).

-fvisibility-inlines-hidden affects C++ code.  libsdl is written in C. ;)

> It's not
> broken enough that I'm going to remove it from my global CXXFLAGS, tho,
> especially since if it breaks something I know about it right away (compile
> error) and can remove the flag for that package.

Right, so you don't find that `sleep 5` at the beginning of every single emerge
just a little annoying? ;)

--de.