Ryan Phillips wrote: [Fri Apr 28 2006, 01:57:30PM CDT]
> I disagree.  The developers should make *all* the decisions.

Originally, Gentoo was effectively a meritocracy.  It's now, in some
respects, a republic.  If you want a democracy, feel free to draft a new
"metastructure" proposal (feel free to name it something less awkward),
and drum up support to get it voted upon.

> Bypass the council.  The council should be there only for when we get
> sued, and manage the money we make.

For what it's worth, the Council does neither of those things.  That's
what the Gentoo Foundation is for.

> Does anyone agree that having a council is too political?  I strongly
> believe it stifles gentoo.

Do you have some specific examples of how you've seen the Council
stifle Gentoo, or is it mainly just a general impression?

-g2boojum-
--
Grant Goodyear
Gentoo Developer