060505 Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> Although modular, KDE 3.5 has to go stable _at once_
> and if KMail is totally broken or has major feature loss, we can't.

I've seen this stated before, but why does it have to be "_at once_" ?
Many packages have  > 1  stable version available,
so users might have KDE 3.4.3 (all) & 3.5.1 (parts) by now,
with the rest of 3.5.1 & then some of 3.5.2 to follow soon.

Also, KDE can be divided up among  >= 7  downloadable .bz2's.
I have  6  of them for the packages I use
-- base games libs edu graphics utils -- & there is also  kdepim ,
which would be needed for the problematic Kmail etc .
Any stable version of KDE will need  kdelibs kdebase ,
but otherwise why can't the packages be made stable
at least as each big downloadable file becomes ready, if not individually ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]