Daniel Goller wrote:
> whole situation (more power to you userrel guys, please prove me wrong),
> why would we want to be more open and inviting if being a badass who
> passed some generic quiz is so much more fun.

The "quiz" is just a dumb checklist, if you already know everything
needed for writing and managing ebuilds you won't have any problem
answering it. If you have doubt you may look up informations or ask your
mentor for pointers. If you think that's too hard for you well...

> If everyone would step
> down from the pedestal for a while and looked around, then maybe, just
> maybe we would realize that we no longer do things to be there for them
> (the users) but for ourselves, anything is geared towards improving our

I always did thing for myself and for partially compensating others that
gave me that much, I'm not on a pedestal, I'm on the shoulder of a
giant. I do like help others join in, but is up to them climb using the
rope I'm providing.

> leetness level, why do things have to be so complicated that people
> think one can not work on ebuilds w/o some super hard special quiz or
> two, it all gears towards "what you don't know how to use XYZ, you must
> not be very smart/leet/cool."

the quiz is dumb and is structured to point some common situations in
which you may not solve properly at the first try.

I'm quite sad we have such different ideas about the quiz and why it got
in or why we are developing Gentoo.

lu

--

Luca Barbato