On 15:17 Wed 17 May     , Kristian Gavran wrote:
> Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >For some time now, the idea of a Gentoo Knowledge Base, like RedHat [1]
> >and Microsoft [2] do, has been brewing in Andrés Pereira and my minds. Not
> >only that, but a feature request was also filed some time ago [3] and just
> >recently a forum thread was started for it [4].
> >
> >So, what is this about?
>
> Why reinvent the wheel?!?
> Gentoo has a really nice wiki: <http://gentoo-wiki.com/Main_Page>

As I said to Andrés yesterday, I think this is a good alternative.
AFAIK, the Knowledge Base will be an official source of information
(only developers will be able to post there) and that makes it more
reliable - I'm not saying that wiki is not trustworthy though. Also, the
KB will have specific answers for specific questions. That makes it a
good place to redirect people asking certain stuff on IRC.