Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Wed, 17 May
2006 17:11:04 +0200:

> Let's make clear why I put this in. Basically I am of the opinion that
> until a decision is made to make (in this case) paludis the primary
> package manager, all official packages should work with portage. Package
> masked packages are not considered official.

Wasn't it stated that the mechanism paludis uses to hide ebuilds that
won't work in portage from portage is to mask them to it?

IOW, this is already the way it is being handled.  If masked packages
aren't official, and ebuilds that require features only in paludis are
masked as far as portage is concerned, then that checkbox can be checked
off.