On 17/05/06, Stephen Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:57:51 +0100
"George Prowse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So good working practice is to introduce a variable where breakages
> could come from two directions rather than stick with what works? Let
> the project mature before asking for changes from the Gentoo side.

That paragraph makes no sense. I don't see what you're trying to say.

What it is saying is why introduce anything or change anything just for your package? Why introduce the possibility of a problem on either the program or the tree side?

So far you have failed to give one proper reason for why a change should be made.