On Wednesday 17 May 2006 18:19, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

> Know why this thread's so big? People like you posting crap to it and
> interfering with what would otherwise be a technical discussion.

It should not be a technical discussion. I am sure that adding a profile to
the tree is not a technical problem. The problem is how we are going to
ensure that we keep control over our package manager, and ensure that this
package manager actually functions acceptably (it or a newer version of it
working with all packages).

Once paludis shows its stability and fitness to replace portage with a
reasonable complete featureset I would probably be in favour of having it
replace portage. At that point a feature spread would certainly be welcome.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer