On Friday 19 May 2006 09:33, Roy Marples wrote:
> Maybe you haven't noticed, but baselayout is a virtual - which does make
> things harder as the main "forks" (vserver and fbsd) sometimes break when
> we add new things and they haven't synced up yet.

I have nothing against a virtual. I just don't think polluting the profile
subtree with alternative package mananger stuff is good idea.

> But that's OK as they're supported I guess.
>
> Or are you saying that spb, other devs and people outside of Gentoo who has
> submitted SoC applications about Paludis (or what that qaludis?) are just
> going to wack it into the tree and then say "we're not going to support
> it"?
>
> Of course not!

No, I'm saying it's not the Gentoo package manager. Work on it, make it a
viable contender for replacing Portage, but as long it isn't, keep it in an
overlay.

Carsten