On Fri, 19 May 2006 12:28:04 -0400
Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Who signs the Manifests? Why are some unsigned? Is there a single
> Gentoo Security Key (like I know Slackware has and some other distros
> to ensure the authenticity of their files)?

Because the whole signing stuff isn't official, there has been a
(partial) implementation plan a few years back, some people started to
use it but is has never become official, the implementation is
incomplete and there it can't and won't be enforced yet.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.