On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:08:08AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:45:30PM +0200, Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
> > Also, git-sources *should* use this eclass once it is in the tree since
> > people using it will save _lots_ of bandwidth and disk space.
> Yes, I'll convert it over once you feel it is ready, just let me know.
I'd like to voice an objection to converting git-sources using a
git.eclass and performing live fetching.

This takes away the ability to use to existing git snapshots when there
is no or minimal network connectivity.

I don't object to it being in addition to the existing snapshot mode,
but please don't take the snapshot mode away.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]