On Thu, 2006-06-08 at 06:49 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 June 2006 19:12, Alec Warner wrote:
> >
> >>I would be more concerned with convincing the rest of the developers.
> >>adding crap in base profile.bashrc will affect 99% of users, so it
> >>better be friggin correct and useful, otherwise you will piss a ton of
> >>people off.
> >

> > versus the people who are really annoyed that such support hasnt yet been
> > integrated into portage proper ?
> >
> > yes, from the portage side of things, it may be a pita to implement
> > per-package env ... but from the user side of things, it's a huge help
> > -mike
>
> My e-mail was basically worded as to say "Solar paste your crap to this
> ML."

Alright...

tail -n 6 /usr/portage/profiles/uclibc/profile.bashrc

#for conf in ${PN}-${PV}-${PR} ${PN}-${PV} ${PN}; do
#       if [[ -r /etc/portage/env/$CATEGORY/${conf} ]]; then
#               . /etc/portage/env/$CATEGORY/${conf}
#               break
#       fi
#done

>  Is there any reason you need package.env in portage proper as
> opposed to bashrc?

Nope.. bashrc is the only way to access the variables in a way that
is the most friendly to the bash side of things.

--
Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Linux