On 08/06/06, Jon Portnoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I do very much object to using any gentoo.org infrastructure or
subdomains to do so. If someone is going to tackle that, it should be
done outside of Gentoo proper. We don't need to be stuck maintaining and
supporting a semiofficial overlay.

There are already loads of semi-official overlays. Besides the stuff
actually hosted by gentoo (random example
http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/bzr/overlay/) there are official
groups (again, not picking on anyone but exampes would be java, php,
webapps...) with semi-official overlays. I don't know if the overlays
are actually hosted on gentoo hardware, but when they're run by gentoo
devs, publically available, and referred to in forums, bugzilla,
mailing lists etc. then that at least makes them "semi-official".