Some packages provide both a client and a server. As such, users usually only
want one or the other - and rarely both.

A good candidate is net-misc/dhcp as it installs a DHCP client and server.
Which makes no sense really, so I'd like to put some USE flags here to show
what I want, or not want to build.

A quick scan through the use flags show no real consistency, so here's what I
propose

USE client server
client - just build the client - duh
server - just build the server - duh
client and server OR neither then build both.

Other packages to possably beneift
udhcp
mldonkey
samhain
bacula
boxbackup

Interestingly, many packages have a server USE flag but not a client one -
maybe make both a global USE flag?

Good idea? Bad idea? Thoughts?

Thanks

--
Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)