Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 15 June 2006 02:33, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
>> We could require that a herd mail alias be maintained for every herd,
>> with the same name as the herd, such that the herd alias lists the
>> maintainers of all packages in the herd.
>
> this would be useful regardless
> -mike

Two notes here:

- same name as herd requirement doesn't work for stuff like
cron/mysql/postgresql/apache... i.e., system accounts.

- needs to be done tree-wide (for packages that have metadata.xml at
least :P - ebuilds w/o metadata is topic for another thread). Until it's
completed, it's not useful - you still cannot rely upon the assumption
that if herd alias ain't in <maintainer>, they don't maintain the thing.

Otherwise yeah, +1 - and it's already done this way in many ebuilds,
i.e., the herd alias is in <maintainer> as well.

--

jakub