On Friday 07 July 2006 02:46, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> this sort of closed mindedness isnt really encouraging ...
Err I actually thought if icc in the first place and tried to inform myself.
I'm not the kind of person (and you should know) who likes breaking
unsupported stuff. I think it's reasonable to find a solution that works with
ICC, and actually Harald already gave one later in the thread.
It's just a matter of fact that we don't have anybody right now to follow what
might and might not break this or that unsupported compiler. As soon as there
is a single person ready to at least answer to questions about it, the
situation changes.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't discard entirely a solution just because some
unsupported software _might_ not work (note the conditional). I wouldn't
discard a solution just because it _might_ not work on GNU/kFreeBSD; I would
discard it if I _know for sure_ that it does not work on GNU/kFreeBSD (in
which case, knowing it doesn't work, I would look for a working solution).

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE