@devs,

If your blog is being aggregated on Planet Gentoo / Universe, it's time to send us a copy of your smiling face. I'm putting out a request for some hackergotchis. Really, you don't want just a few of us to have all the fun, do you?

Basically, I want to get some bobble heads up on the Planet Gentoo website, since ours is pathetically blank without them. I don't care how ugly you look in real life, it's all in good fun, and it helps to put a face to the names. So, if you can, make your own hackergotchi, or send me a cartoon or something that you'd like up there in its place. Don't make me resort to drastic measures[1]. ;)

If you're not a master of the Gimp, just post a photo on your blog asking for help and hopefully someone will step forward and lend a hand. Or you can try it yourself. The wikipedia entry[2] has some great links at the bottom on how to make your own.

Just send them to me when you're done, and I'll post them up on the Planet for all to see and enjoy.

Thanks guys :)

Steve

1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~beandog/missing.png
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackergotchi