Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> This, for me, triggers 3 questions that are gentoo-dev@ material :
>
> 1) Should all ebuilds that currently filter --fast-math die on its
> presence instead of filtering it ?

I don't think we should die on anything, if a user wants a particular
CFLAG, generally the default should be to let them use it. A warning
with a pause may also suffice.

Currently the amd64 profiles do some testing for broken USE flags. If
the user has flags that gcc will not accept (ie errors out with "invalid
command line option"), our profile.bashrc will filter them out
completely. If they have a flag that is on a list of pre-defined "bad"
flags it will warn the user about the flag and sleep for 5 seconds.