On 7/10/06, Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Richard Fish wrote:
> On 7/10/06, Ned Ludd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> per pkg cflags are here already it would fall under the per
>> pkg env variables.
>
> Please forgive my stupidity, but the only place I could see to set a
> env var per package was /etc/portage/bashrc.  Is that what you are
> referring to?

You're close.  There is now a per-package bashrc implementation included in
$PORTDIR/profiles/base/profile.bashrc.  It's kind of silly imo, when the user
can simply put that same code in /etc/portage/bashrc, but this is how it is. :)

Ah, thanks, I see it now.

I have to say I dislike allowing this "backdoor" method to set CFLAGS,
as they won't show up in emerge --info or emerge -pv <pkg>.  You'd
have to see the actual build output to see the nasty flags, which you
might not even think to ask for if a package builds fine but crashes
randomly later.

-Richard